Thread: burris 8-32-44
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2015, 06:51 AM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Originally Posted by NeilM View Post
When the R/A's stopped being made I got a Signature Series, not sure where from, but I remember it wasn't expensive. I changed the parallax on the front lens and it came down to about 20 yards, it will come closer, but then you lose longer ranges.

I still have it, and have hardly used it, so when I get a bit more shooting gear (having been out of the game a while) I'll give it a try.

For close ranges I will either need to put a Leupold 50ft adaptor on, or use the old trick of drilling a small hole in a flip up lens cover.

The sight picture is excellent, clear and bright and when I tested it (I had to read my old write up to remind myself) I found the rangefinding was accurate and consistent.

I hope that helps.
Not sure how long you've been out if the game for but the 'drill the hole' trick won't be as useful due to the increased use of 15mm and 25mm kills especially at the close ranges where the closer focus is required. A 50ft adapter will be a better option.

The Burris RA is an excellent scope however at x32 it's just at the edge of it's limit rangefinding wise
He who never made a mistake never learned!
He who never missed never shot!