View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 05:42 PM
Exclamation Law Commisssion Review Of Firearms Law

I have posted this elsewhere but I feel it is sufficiently important that it receives the widest publicity therefore I am re-posting it here.

This is an interesting one. Whilst I believe that most shooters would welcome a thorough review of current legislation I am a little concerned that the emphasis appears to be on making life easier for the police and prosecutors whilst protection of the legitimate shooter is pushed into the background. There is also the danger that it becomes the unintended vehicle for a more restrictive regime than we currently have. For example should; as seems likely; licencing of air guns be introduced in Scotland it is only a short step to a proposal that it should be considered for England "in the interests of harmonisation". One could conceive of a significant number of seemingly innocuous changes that might be slipped in that would be detrimental to shooters' interests.

I feel that we should all take a close interest in this and be very vigilant. I note that there will be a 3 month consultation period this summer and no doubt the police and CPS have already put in a substantial amount of work on their submissions. I hope that the NGBs have already taken note of it. However it is too important to assume that someone else is looking after the issue, we should all follow it closely and make our views known.

Is is still paranoia when you know that they are out to get you?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread