View Single Post
Old 5th March 2015, 11:04 PM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Was

Originally Posted by herx77 View Post
With spare time on my hands,( ), and after reading an article by GURU 'Gary' regarding his rifle of choice, the ubiquitas FTP900, I decided to clean the barrel with 009,patches and pull through snake.
When at the club the poi was falling low at zero 35yds and increasing there after.
No time to correct before comp, so it was shot as was! However the poi changed as the comp continued,until spot on at finish,which after shoot off 3rd.
I would have thought a clean barrel would allow the pellet to be faster,eg crap out less obstruction through barrel, poi higher.Instead it was the opposite speeding up as barrel leaded up?
Strange,is that the norm,I don't normally clean barrels they don't seem to require it, but as it was a 900 and 'Gary' recommends it!
HERX77 .
Herx , i was a non barrel cleaner , untill i qualified for the showdown and travelled up near manchester . only for the barrel to go off half way around the course and the zero to change . so nowadays i clean the barrel every time out . before doing a comp as usual i go to the zero range . my rifle takes about twenty five shot's to come back in .which is easily done to shoot your self in for the comp . if a rifle will not shoot properly from a clean barrel , it goes . Cheers HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "