View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2015, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
I would like to consider doing something similar to tennis or cricket, where each shooter is allowed one call per round if they call a target and it is faulty then they keep the call, if the target is not faulty then they lose there call and cannot call another target unless there is an obvious fault like broken strings debris in front of kills and such.
Might stop the people that see a paddle wobble and automatically assume they have hit it dead centre,

It would just need the Marshall to sign any scorecard where a call was made and make a note as to if it was faulty or not.
Or we don't check any targets marshals make a note of any suspect targets and these are checked at the end of the comp.
any targets deemed faulty are then pulled from the comp.
I may trial something like this during this years Kibby opens to see how it goes.

I haven't shot the series so forgive me ...

... but If you watch the cricket now ... teams will use the 'Review', if they have one left, at the end of an innings ( Last Wicket ), just in case there was a 'No Ball' bowled, or the ball may have been missing the stumps ( LBW ). In the days before 'Reviews' players would just accept that it was hitting the stumps and would walk off ( You didn't have any choice ).

I wonder if you give shooters one 'Review' each, then if they still have that left towards the end of a course and they miss one, they will use the review just in case they get lucky and the marshall c0cks up on the target check and gives them the 2 points. So could that mean that everyone uses their 'Review' and if you have 90 shooters, you could potentially end up with 90 'Reviews' and 90 stoppages? Not everyone will do that but I can see the last few targets taking a long time whilst the keen shooters are all using up their 'Review', in case they get lucky.

Last edited by skires; 2nd March 2015 at 12:33 PM.