View Single Post
Old 10th February 2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sven View Post
I'd say it is a good starting point to try the same die number. But I never had the chance to try pellets from the same die but different batch / production year. So I don't know if this will work.

Next to the die there are more variables of which the batch of lead that is used could be a decisive factor.
The way the lead is produced (melting, cooling, stretching, storing, aging) has an effect on the crystalline structure and because of that on the way it responds to the pressing in the die and the rest of the manufacturing process.

It would be very interesting to hear your results!
Thanks for that

I'll update you regarding testing when they probably won't be until next week until I get to test them out

Originally Posted by valboskie View Post
I found this last night after reading your post.
I was shocked at the results from these test's about weight and head size variations in jsb pellets
I thought it was good read here is a link
David, thanks for that link - a good read

I've got a bit of an interesting question for you guys :

I've ordered the following :

Express 4.52 - 42020014 (1)

Express 4.51 - 42020014 (0)

So they are both exactly the same die, just they seemed to have decided that the first batch is a 4.51, but the second batch is a 4.52...?

I'm guessing they thinking the die's may have worn slightly from the first batch, hence the bigger head size for the second batch....but surely if they wore that much they wouldn't be able to do many more further batches?

Many Thanks,