View Single Post
Old 29th January 2015, 03:04 PM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksmen

Originally Posted by Akita View Post
Ive been happy with my AR20 just as accurate as the big boys, bought for it 300 milled the shroud off then fitted a UK neil air stripper and made my own wood hamster.

For the money there great guns and its easy to make the posts to get the gun to fit you properly, after trying most of the top end rifles the AR20 is just as accurate.

With mine in the MFTA winter league theres 3 AR20`s on the circuit, one being John Sears and he puts the rifle to good use.

300 second hand i think there a bargin FT rifle, theres people who spend that much on just a butt hook or say a rowen hamster.

For HFT use i couldnt comment as i dont shoot prone.
Hi Akita,

I think you have hit it on the head, get something at a good price and you can enjoy it no matter what it is. I have seen some fantastic guns on here in the last month at good money any one of which would do the business in the right hands - saw an AR a while back going for less than yours - got to be worth a punt you cant lose out even if it doesn't suit.
Plus you dont cry/cringe eveytime you lay it in the mud or pick up a knick in your "Gary Cane" against a peg etc!

Kind Regards

FTP900 +Sightron S111 10-50 x 55
AA Pro Target in FWB FP70 stock + MTC Mamba lite
Daystate Airwolf + Bushnell Elite 6500

" life is about the memories we hold and not the things that we own"