View Single Post
Old 28th January 2015, 12:53 PM
Lucky git

Originally Posted by Abdiel View Post
Thanks for the replies Chris, certainly given me something to think about, wont be "pulling the trigger" on the order today, will go and have another look at the expensive second hand one again.
I have searched online, guntrader, freeads, and gunstar for secondhand, for all the rifles you mention, all are a couple of hundred more than the prices you quote and all a fair distance from me so wold have to rely luck / trust the seller. Are there more sites worth checking out? I cant view the marketplace on here yet new member etc.
I was aware that the cocking mech came in for some criticism (can be made a lot better with a little better by polishing) and the forward heaviness, but not of the quality of the plastic or the trigger pretty sure all were reported as being good, will read more this evening and obv check the s/h gun.
As for lack of popularity , winning comps - because they are cheap and therefore cant be good? and the best shooters will tend to be the ones that work harder and tend to invest in their kit, then fashion, club I was at on Saturday most seemed to have steyrs. And big boys love their toys? I don't know, but ive never heard any complaints about the accuracy.

Thanks again Chris,
even though I am now more confused , again!
Sorry for throwing you into confusion but i suspect that you would be disappointed with the AR20 and end up loosing money. I personally wouldn't pay more than 450 for a SH one and the problem i see is that you're looking in gunshops and rather expensive sites I wouldn't trust guntrader, freeads, and gunstar as far as i can pee . I know what it's like when you get the bug to go and spend but my advice would be to put a wanted ad on here and see what comes along. If you really hanker after the AR20 then it's your cash and you spend it as you wish.....i think we would be failing as a bleddy good forum if we didn't help you out with the pro's and cons.

I'm 100% positive that the lads on here will keep a look out in the regions and clubs for you. Also much less likely to get ripped off or get a Lemon.

p.s ..which club did you go to?

Last edited by chrisc; 28th January 2015 at 01:05 PM.