View Single Post
Old 24th January 2015, 11:39 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by raygun View Post
If we all stand back and say there little we can do, then yes we are doomed.
Well I don't think anyone is standing back and saying there's little we can do on the whole.

Some of us (me included) are saying that we don't believe there is much or anything we can do to change the law. and I'll go one step further and say that I'm against lobbying to have the law changed because I believe the risk of doing that is that it is used as a spring-board for other changes at the same time.

Action that I can take right now is... advise people who are interested how they can take steps themselves to reduce the risk of a criminal record, perhaps not entirely, but certainly to a point where the risk of getting a criminal record is so remote that it's not worth worrying about.

I consider my position to be one of realism and pragmatism and not one of being apathetic about the situation.
You might consider my position to be apathetic, but that's one thing that I disagree with you on Ray.

On the whole, I agree with you though... but there's two points where we have a difference of opinion. The first point is that I believe that a change in the law could go against us and I'm opposed to that course of action. The second point is that electing not to lobby BASC (I'm not a member) or writing to my MP (who is Ed Miliband btw) is being apathetic to the problem.