View Single Post
Old 24th January 2015, 10:32 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by raygun View Post
It appears that there is little we can do about it except "suck it up". The way that imposed position is being defended I find hard to believe when it should be fought.
Ray, I agree there's little we can do. In fact I'm not sure there's anything we can do. But I wouldn't confuse that with defending the current state, more just an admission there's nothing/very little we can do, so therefore nothing is done, except carry on as usual, enjoying safe responsible and legal airgunning.

Unless someone has actually come up with a concrete step to change the status quo, then there's nothing that can be done.

In actual fact there's some debate as to what the future would be anyway. Until that's in place it really stifles any next step.

With any system or process you cannot apply pure principles of improvement without considering resources, so you tend to pick the areas you can find improvement in which will give the most benefit for the least amount of work, that's the definition of efficiency. Because resources are not unlimited it doesn't seem wholly beneficial to go for a highly inefficiant route, i.e. to put an enormous amount of work into something which offers very little gain.

The actual reality is that despite amateur (because aside from one person here on this thread, i don't think many/any read law at university) there is a huge amount of airgunners enjoying their sport in a safe and responsible way who are not found to have sect 1 firearms in court every day of the week.

One of my clubs has a member who is on the BASC's goto defense legal experts for firearms. Despite him not being an airgunner, he's an active .22 shooter and his wife is an avid deer stalker. The law on airguns has not come up in conversation as being a deluge of work for him in the past nigh on decade i've known him.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep