View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by matt goodson View Post
While shooting with a friend in his back garden, towards paper targets on a backstop, we heard a neighbour say 'come in now, they are shooting guns!'
About 20 mins later three police cars arrived, I let them in, showed them the backstop, and told them all our rifles were under 12ftlb.
They basically said be careful, and dont let any pellets stray beyond the garden. Not too bad?
But what if she had decided to tell a porky, and say we pointed anything in her direction?
Guns taken away, tested, they wind the lg100 power up, i'm in ****, whether I did anything or not is irrelavent.
Did you read my earlier post?

The bit I mentioned about the phrase that is the psychiatrist's nightmare and the insurance saleman's best friend, the foundation of all fear?

I've given you a clue above in your statement.

The other important bit for you to dwell on is ...

... they didn't take your guns.

Thanks for proving my point.

Did you know that an old law, from the days when we were often having fisticuffs with the French, still demands that every English male over the age of 14 should practice with his longbow for at least 2 hours a day. Failure to do so could see you dancing on the end of a rope.

I'm not too convinced that the coppers are all that bothered about that law either ... but 'what if' they come knocking on your door to check? You'd best get a longbow and start practising.

Last edited by skires; 23rd January 2015 at 07:35 PM.