View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2015, 05:58 PM
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Originally Posted by skires View Post
The classic politician's guide to debate. Make a statement that can't be denied. Then just keep repeating that statement.

The sky is blue ... Yes but what about x,y and z? ... The sky is blue ... Yes we know, but about x,y,z ... The sky is blue.

Point A ... ( We all know that ... ) If someone has their rifle taken, and a test house tests it and says it is over 12fp, then that is an offence and you get a criminal record.

You can go on sites where they provide a list of incredible ways that people die. These will show that, statistically, you have more chance of dying due to putting your trousers on, than you have of falling foul of 'Point A' ... but all you have to do is keep stating 'Point A' and then mention the very foundation of fear ... that all psychiatrists/therapists dread ... and all insurance companies love ...

'What if'

... and you can shoot down every x, y and z.

I would love a standard test. Will we, by campaigning for one, find ourselves in a better place than we are now? So, I, and my apologies to the very odd few that now have a criminal record, won't lose sleep over my 11.5fp air rifle, and I'll also risk keep putting my pants on in the mornings.
Hi Col,
So what you are saying is that hardly anyone is caught with an over power air rifle.

That's excellent news because we can now stop putting AT onto rifles that obviously don't need it. O.K. it would probably cost the manufacturers business in that they get few returns, but hey! someone has to lose.

All we need now is a standard test so we can all set our rifles on the safe side (now there's no AT).