View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2015, 02:16 PM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by raygun View Post
Hi Brian,

You may well be right but it's a bit sad when responsible airgunners don't give a toss about responsible airgunners.

I just get the feeling that too many in the industry just take the attitude that they can do what they wish and us, the cash cow, will just keep giving.

We have one main British manufacturer left, maybe what goes around comes around.

I take a pragmatic approach. I'll fight the battles I can win and try not to lose sleep over the rest.

My advice to other responsible airgunners on this issue is - set to low 11's using a sensible test procedure and available equipment - check regularly, and don't do anything stupid.

If they're really concerned about the issue I might also add - don't have an external power adjuster fitted to your gun and if you've got AT, keep it and always send back to the manufacturer to have your power adjusted if you find it's shooting higher than low 11's as a result of your regular power checks.

Not much else I can do unfortunately

And/or advise them to get a springer (that advice may not be totally unbiased though)