View Single Post
Old 29th December 2014, 03:55 PM
Member of: Furnace Mill & Nomads

Originally Posted by Tench View Post
My point exactly, twigs that get hit and clipped off then make that target different for the people following. Objects used to make the course more difficult should be pellet resistant so they remain there for every shooter.
The unsupported stander was more difficult for taller people who had to crouch to shoot under the branches.

I visited the zero range too, to the right of the shed the firing line was at an acute angle from the shed to the corner of the fence, I could see it was an easy solution to place it like this but the target board marked distances could not have been correct along all of the firing line so of no use at all to check poi elevation.

I also noticed at least one shooter with a length of wool tied to the front of their rifle which is not allowed in HFT. maybe this was noticed by the Marshals? but it was towards the end of the comp when I noticed it. If not and you want a pic of the competitor so you know who to have a word with let me know.

People travel a long way to shoot, fuel food and entry fee can add up to a substantial amount, it is not just 7, it could be a 50 day out so the details do matter!

Hints from my observations over Furnace Mill is a super venue but a young club on the competition circuit, I do hope you can quickly gain the experience to mature into a host of shoots to the standard competitors desire for regional and national series comps.
I went round with a 9 year old, he didn't moan once about twigs or anything, just kept smiling and listening to the moans and groans of the other shooters, take his shots and move on. Shame really as being new to the hobby I thought having a few natural obsticles was part of the fun.
Hey ho let's see the club mature and catch a few more shooters out like the opening shoot and yesterday. now I am learning the rules I think I'll start moaning like some of the other shooters and claim hits for my inadequate shooting performance.

Overall it was great for Ed and Jane to open up on their holiday period for us all to enjoy. Tend to agree with Mick it was supposed to be a fun shoot. Bugger me I can't wait for a real competition !

Just my four penneth