View Single Post
Old 10th December 2014, 06:12 AM
Lucky git

Originally Posted by stueyT View Post
Daystate Mk3 /4..
If your not frightened by electrics then the DS MK3 & Mk4 are very accurate guns and with the pre-silencer and main silencer / shrouded barrel are pretty silent.
The mag works well "for ratting" and having shot in many torrential rain storms year the electrics perform faultlessly, but just in case I'd recommend you strip the action from the stock after every damp shoot.

I started with a Mk3. I'd read the comics and it was to be a HW100 but the std Daystate MK3 stock fitted me better than the HW's.... then retirement gave me a 'wedge' to buy a pressy and as "the wife" liked the look of the stripy Gary-Cane wooden bits on a Steyr I was looking at, I spent the before she changed her mind.

The DS sold quick with money back so I reccomend you buy something that you can't loose (much) on.
I shot for Daystate a few years ago in HFT and had a Platinum and Mk4is in a grand prix stock. Both now gone.

Both rifles were as accurate as anything else but i was always a few targets under my expected score with them. I soon noticed that i missed whenever i placed too much weight against the peg. i think it was the snappy firing cycle that made the rifle react a bit like a springer and be hold sensitive. You really don't see many of them on the national HFT circuit these days