View Single Post
Old 6th December 2014, 02:24 PM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksmen

A slightly compressed .5mm ptfe washer has done the trick. Ideally I think a .25m wavy sprung washer in 6mm internal and 10mm OD would do the job better, but I couldn't find any. So had to press it in a vice to thin it down but got there in the end. Still nice and slick but stays where it is put, which I personally find easier.

If anyone wants PTFE washers I had to buy in bulk so free to anyone that wants them.

Note the stainless pin with the hex head that holds the arm in - is itself held in by a 2 mm grub screw so loosen that off first - I thought it was a oil well hole at first!

Re the cylinder I am not sure it is painted but has a powder coat or rubberised finish to it. Bit like a hydrographic dip in off white. Must admit I thought it was going to be anodised like the action in this sun reflective matt silver they talk about in the reviews etc - which I really like.

Just a word of warning if you have a carbon shroud there is a series of baffles inside one of which is machined ally - it is very delicate due to the radial holes drilled in it - don't ask how I found out..........! Hand tightened the shroud back in place and it parted - now in two bits - a call to UK Neil is in the offing! Gutted!

Its loud with out a shroud!!
Kind Regards

FTP900 +Sightron S111 10-50 x 55
AA Pro Target in FWB FP70 stock + MTC Mamba lite
Daystate Airwolf + Bushnell Elite 6500

" life is about the memories we hold and not the things that we own"