View Single Post
Old 1st December 2014, 11:54 AM
Member of: Kent Woodsmen FTC

It will be interesting to see the take-up on this v the worlds in Lithuania...Spain v Lithuania...hmm...
This may be a common problem every-time the world's comes around to Europe but as EFTF are a sub-body of WFTF hopefully they'll work it out.

Personally, I'm all for it: The BFTA can't hold a monoploy on a 'European' competition. The fact it's done so for so long is a wonder in itself but to try to do so from now on will be a little bit sad and a tad silly. I know Estonia held it this year and no Brit's went - that I'm aware of - so maybe we can ignore that one but as its in Spain next year & if someone like Mr Costello goes out there and wins again (he won the last Eusakadi open), then I'm not sure anyone winning the same title at Weston Park can say 100% "I'm European champ..".

FT politics seems to be mirroring real world politics on this; will the BFTA do a UKIP & want to get out of Europe altogether?? or do a Tory trick and 'renegotiate our relationship with Europe'!? LOL

I may have a slightly biased view but to travel abroad, take on unfamiliar shooters from other nations, possibly under differing rules, conditions etc & still come out on top, will always be a far greater achievement than winning what is basically a two day GP.

Vive la difference!