View Single Post
Old 1st December 2014, 10:38 AM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
A bit Zen I know, but I believe this... if you convince yourself that you're going to miss a target, you probably will. If you feel confident that you're going to make the shot you stand a much better chance of actually hitting what you're aiming at.

This is something that happens to me when I shoot groups - I don't know if I'm the only one?
I shoot a few pellets and get an absolutely mega group - like 3 pellets inside 6mm, pellet on pellet The next shot I'm thinking... I hope I don't screw this one up, a 5 shot group of 6mm would be brilliant!! and a 10 shot would be something I'd like to take a photo of to impress girls with at parties.. So I end up putting pressure on myself not to screw the next shot up. That pressure will have an impact on how well I shoot.

These factors come into play when you're using groupings to test whether something works or not, a downrange chrono eliminates these factors.
I was taking to Shaun about this at the weekend, there is something in it. I've found if I shoot 50-70 shoots on the range and really take the edge off a comp to start with I do better. I'm more relaxed and seem to focus better. Although I still talked myself out of two targets on Sunday. It's something I'm still working on but the more relaxed and couldn't care less attitude I have the better I do than over thinking everything. That's not to say I'm not giving the target the attention it needs, had a proper battle with some at the weekend, changing edges etc.

Last edited by Yorkshiretea; 1st December 2014 at 10:48 AM.