View Single Post
Old 1st December 2014, 07:12 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by pirellip View Post
Sorry, I didn't properly explain myself.

I was referring to the 'pour and shoot' part. YES he batch tests, as do I. He just doesn't lube or sort his pellets once he has found that batch. Says it doesn't improve things.

And by no means do I think 'well if he doesn't, then it's a waste of time' I know that for most people, once you've found that special batch, you can get better groupings by weighing them.

Another friend who's a piston shooter sorts by 1/50th of a grain - takes him 2.5 hours per tin! Works really well for him and his group's shrink up considerably. To make it worthwhile (and have a critical mass of each weight) he'll do them in groups of 10 tins - does it every night for a month!
I just open a tin (from my selected batch) and pour it in my pouch - not because I don't think there might be some merit to the theory of weight sorting, just because I can't be bothered.

It would be interesting to see some downrange chrono results with weighed pellets vs pellets straight from the tin vs overweight pellets vs underweight pellets.
Maybe the guy who spends 2 hours a night for a month weighing pellets could do the test. He sounds like a bloke with time on his hands