View Single Post
Old 26th November 2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by MrD View Post
Hi I used to do FT many many years ago with a HW77 > 25 years a go in fact and it all got a bit mental with massive side wheels and the likes of complex PCP guns with 50x mag scopes , so I gave it up.

2009 I thought, hmmm, this HFT is more my game, a bit like the FT back in the day, So I went out and bought a Daystate MK4 ...
Eeeh ... another thread turned into a comedy classic.

I do like the slight irony of a guy who seems to be glancing back at his FT days gone by, when he used a classic old springer ... and gave it up as complex PCPs made it all ' a bit mental '.

So about 20 years later, in 2009, he decides to give HFT a go, as that seemed to be more like those good ol' FT days with his springer ...

... so he buys a top of the range, for the time, PCP with an electronic trigger, that will have cost hundreds ( that's quite a step in airgun evolution from an 1980's HW77 ) ... but then 5 years later ... was in shock, and saddened, at a photo of a HFT rifle with a hamster and a metal buttpad.

The differences are still there fella ...

45y Vs 55y

Prone Vs Sitting

No adjustments to scope Vs Fiddle all you want

In one you must discuss the rules as much as possible on the internet forums ... but at an actual comp there aren't actually any rules. In the other, the only rule is to never talk about the rules.

Similarities ...

In both you must buy the most expensive, and trendiest, kit that you can, including all the add ons and gadgets. It won't help you knock down any more tin chickens, but it apparently makes your testicles feel bigger whilst standing supping tea and talking bollox at the butty van.

Irrespective of kit, the best shooters in either sport strangely keep winning most of the comps.