View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 03:28 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
What's that then - conclusive evidence that staying well within the WFTF / BFTA course format (NEFTA uses less reduced kills and only 40mm kills on standers/kneelers) it is possible to set out a challenging and fair course when the wind isn't blowing.
I suppose it does.

I used the full max 10 reducers for our shoot Sunday as it was a WFTF qualifier (for wafta) and WFTF events seem to have lots of Minn kills and B we used none in the last shoot.
(Snappy don't count as he course mascot!)

There was very little wind in reality at our shoot, nothing like the 8mph constant breeze forecast.
Looking at the plates post shoot give you a good idea of what went on, thinking Off the bag here not kneeling or standing.
T4 was just under 55 yards. Slight incline, say about 5 degree upwards.
T 3 was on similar 5 degree angle, slightly left but closer at about 41 yards. Only 4 missed T3 from 33 Pcp entries, 1 B grade and 3 x C grade

T 4 however was missed by, 7 x Aa, 3 x A, 3 x B and 5 x c grade.

some of the misses are way off, someone shot it (Harry the Hedgehog shape target) in the Nose, while some was about 3 inch low!
Most misses were either 9 edge, Wind was on the whole R - L. These misses I think were people coming just out and seeing it go straight or only travelling say 10-20 mm, while the other bunch of misses were just off 3, which I think were those who went down middle and got half a kill of wind?

Least that's my theory based on where it was placed and what the wind "seemed" to be doing there. This was a new target placement for us, least I cant remember if we have used that spot / firing line before without checking?
I pumped it down the middle and that's where I hit!
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85

Last edited by NJR 100; 24th November 2014 at 03:33 PM.