Thread: Rob lane reg
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2014, 07:18 PM
Member of: Leics & District (Dowry Hill)

Originally Posted by merlot View Post
Does anybody on here have a rob lane regulator fitted
I fitted one of Robs earlier regs to my MPR about 15 months ago
The rifle shot very well and gave about 80-85 shots /charge

I have more recently played around with the reg pressure and the exhaust valve spring and the shot count is now about 100 with very consistent velocity. My wife used the rifle in the UKBR22 50m postal (5 rounds) and came second, so long range accuracy is excellent

I recently bought another new reg from R Lane for my wifes AA400 Classic that she uses in the UKBR Sporter Class and this one is much more compact than the earlier one

It has a smaller piston with 1 O-ring instead of 2.

The piston head is threaded to allow easy extraction of the reg from the cylinder and the piston is kept in place with a circlip . These mods are all improvement on the earlier type

This kit also came with a new and much stiffer exhaust valve spring which is easy to set up with a set of kitchen scales

The reg was set up by Rob at 95 Bar and the only tweaking necessary was for me to take a coil off the hammer spring to reduce the power.

The rifle gives 110- 115 shots from a 190 Bar charge. Accuracy and velocity consistency are spot on. Great value and dead easy to fit.
Even 2 drill bits are included to drill cylinder bleed hole and to open up the porting slightly to 3mm