View Single Post
Old 18th November 2014, 03:24 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
Not the problem and simply doesn't work, if you took top and lowest score from an AA shooter here's what it would do:

So let's take Our Kes's old scores, he's on 93.36% to start with, so remove one 100% = 93.01. Remove lowest 80 = 93.76%. Nice increase Andy

Now lets do that to a C Grader, me, 57.45% to start with, let's remove the 80% = 56.27 and let's remove that 18 = 58.39%. Nice increase Martin

It doesn't address the problem at all when dealing with a data set of 20 or the problem with using Mean as an average or Outliers. In my example, thanks for the increase tho I can tell you it's still not accurate and you'll only be punishing the lower grades, which is what the Outliers in Mean are already doing so you don't need to double lads Also what do you do if they have a bad start and then stay constant so they get 12, 18, 15 to start with and then hit 21 and 20 for the rest on the season? It would make .35 difference!!!
That's because in both your examples there's less difference between your average and the higher score than the average and the lower score. In other words, those lower scores in both examples the 80 and 18% have a greater effect than the 100 and 80%. That's just maths...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep