View Single Post
Old 18th November 2014, 02:02 PM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by rich View Post
From a purely statistical point of view, it is also possible that a shooter is lucky on the day and gets a score above what he or she "deserves" from their grade position. So there is a case to say, top and tail the data by removing the worst score and removing the best score as well.

To allow for equipment failure it would be fair to drop off one extra bad score at the bottom.

It's evident that frequency of updating is crucial, and I'd also like to support the time fade concept so that the more recent results carry more weight; that way any trend in performance is captured; a simple arithmetic mean obscures all these things.
Disagree with you here Rich but I understand the thinking, I even have that in a spreadsheet Best/Worst.

But as a new starter the last thing you need to do to a C Grader is take their top score way from them. I worked my bollocks off to get 80% at Thorn Dell and I've been travelling every single weekend to get shoots in to get my grade up so you'll have to take my highest score from my cold dead hand

It's not that that's really causing the problem, I've got all the "live" data from last season and can 100% state it's not the problem.

I like the Time Fade because it gives a current picture of half a season but I also like P Factor because it punished new starters the least.