View Single Post
Old 14th November 2014, 09:13 AM
Lucky git

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Please don't, i think it's quite a good post
Agreed Rob, Good post Skires. Of the comps/rounds i've won in the past many have been down to nailing the standers.

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Some great posts thanks chaps.

There seems to be 2 different types of reply - those with suggestions on how to set an FT course in a wind free environment that's still challenging and fun ( the question I asked ) and those that suggest changing the rules of FT to compensate.

That suggests to me that those that think we should change the rules don't believe it's possible to set up a challenging course (to the rules) in a wind free environment. Which does sort of beg the question - well if that's the case what do you do if on the morning of one of your shoots the wind drops off to nothing? - Do you call the shoot off or do you adjust things to compensate? I've never heard of a shoot being called off for lack of wind, so setting a fun and challenging course in those conditions must be possible surely?

I think it takes much more planning and thought, but I believe it's possible.
With FT lanes containing 2 targets, having acute angles between the first and second shot might make it trickier as you must change position and re-set, even more of a quandry if on the stopwatch. maybe elevated shots. I've also had strange things happen when shooting over mounds or depressions in the pellets flight path so look for odd topography for target placement . If there's say 90 degrees between target 1 and 2 then the tiniest breath of wind could have an impact. If a totally windless day have a 1 minute time time for 2 shots.... a bit like the showdown?

Just chucking ideas around really as kill size/distances will always be the limiting factor.

Last edited by chrisc; 14th November 2014 at 09:20 AM.