View Single Post
Old 12th November 2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Sorry do not know the serial numbers of the changes, but I believe there were around a thousand Shamal's made, my own Shamal that I bought from new was serial number 816.

Not sure if the Mk2 was an official designation, but the black breech block guns tended to be referred to as MK2's.

It wouldn't be unusual that some of the guns had been worked on so serial numbers may not necessarily relate sequentially now.

That right handed NJR looks to me like it is the brass breech version with that darker colour. The L/H version is quite unusual if it is indeed a .22!
Thanks again - that sounds about right with the Shamals and ties in nicely with the lower end of the NJR serials as per my previous post - since in my experience AA seem to run series consecutively (I know the 400 series started at around serial 19XXX for example).

I'll have to keep an eye on serial numbers of various other 100 series guns - might be that mine has had the block and barrel replaced at some point (although I hope not as my OCD could never cope with that ).

I thought the same about the breech block colour and L/H NJR - has to be the rarest of rare examples if it is in the larger calibre.. probably just as undesirable as it is rare unfortunately though; and I think they're having a giraffe if they seriously expect someone to part with over 600 for it..