View Single Post
Old 12th November 2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dale View Post
When the 100 Series rifles were first introduced all variants were fitted with the standard trigger unit design that had carried over from the Shamal.

The Olympic was developed a little while after the series was released and was offered as an optional upgrade / retro-fit unit. They can indeed be fitted to the Shamal as I had one on my Shamal.

I am not entirely sure but I think later on in the production run the Olympic might have been fitted as standard on the NJR100's

The first Shamal breech blocks were steel, then later brass. Early 100 Series guns had brass breech blocks which was later changed to alloy. The early Shamals had a wider scope rail as well.

All Shamals have the name engraved on both sides of the breech block - the font style changed across the production run. The 100 Series use the sticker system on the breech block as a cost measure when designating the model variant.
Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
yes, the sporter unit was fitted with an adjustable straight blade instead of the fixed curved jobbie. Not an Olympic though, that was an extra as James said.
Thanks chaps - I stand corrected and will bow to your evidently superior knowledge

Really enjoying this thread; while I like to think I know some AA guns inside out, there seems to be precious little info on the 100 Series rifles and this thread certainly contains more than I've found elsewhere.

Dale; can you tell me anything about the finish on the NJR breech blocks please? I've owned examples finished in both silver matte and black gloss anodising; I assumed the silver was present on earlier guns and later changed to black; although serial numbers don't seem to back this up. Might the action block colour have been an option too?