View Single Post
Old 12th November 2014, 07:08 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Thanks lads, appreciate all the helpful tips.

When I was out in NZ I was chatting to Tom Peretti from Canada and he was telling me how he's not used to shooting in the wind because in the part of Canada where he shoots there isn't any!. Hard to imagine I guess, but I remember when I went out to Poland in 2006 for an International HFT shoot, there wasn't any wind there either and not a great deal of it out in Germany last year.

That got me wondering - can people who live in a country with no or very little wind still play at what we call FT or does it become a different game?

From the sounds of it, I think everyone's in agreement on this thread that with some careful course planning, even sticking to the rules for the number of positionals and reducers you should still be able to set out a challenging and enjoyable FT course. It's not easy, but it's doable.
Should be. But then you have the reverse decision, where there has been wind and the course setters haven't known what to do with it.

If it's aimed at the top shots of the world, the recipe might look a little different from that of a winter league shoot.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep