View Single Post
Old 11th November 2014, 07:22 AM
Member of: Pontefract ( P.A.R.C)

Thanks for the advice dale i will add a pic of the trigger when it arrives. I was still too obsessed with tiffany and kylie minouge in 1988 to get the airgun world album but strangely i think i would take the rifle over kylie these

Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Hi Simon,

What you have acquired is a Shamal Target model. The TM100 designation relates to a rifle variant from the series that subsequently replaced the Shamal.

Here is an early Shamal (no. 13) fitted into the target pattern stock:

Here is a TM100:

The Shamal target stock design was carried over to be used on the 100 Series guns as the TM variant.

The 100 Series comprised: SM100 - basic beech sporter stock version, XM100 - walnut sporter, TM100 - target stock version and NJR 100 - full FT stocked version.

Regarding the Olympic trigger, this came out with the 100 Series, but a fair few were retro-fitted to Shamal's. When you receive your rifle, take the stock off and photograph the trigger mechanism and add it to this thread, we can quickly tell you if it is the Olympic or standard unit.

Dale (rockdrill on BBS)

PS - anyone rember this centre page picture from the Airgun World Annual of 1988:

Steyr LG110 Ginb, AR20ft, Rohm Twinmaster Top, HW97k, HW77k, HW95, Umarex Airmagnum, BSA Lightning, HW98 SFS, HW101KT, Crossman 1088, AA410 Ginb, Daystate MK4is, Daystate Airwolf Tactical, HFT500, Pro Target, Shamal Target, TX200. My fishing tackle is getting very dusty....