View Single Post
Old 10th November 2014, 05:17 PM
Member of: Pontefract ( P.A.R.C)
Default AirnArms Shamal / TM100 Advice & Info. been shooting the breeze since the eighties ?

Ok I have read the various threads on here and on BBS suprisingly not too many for such an iconic rifle but this one I found seems to be the best.

I reckon ive just bought a Shamal TM100 which is due to arrive on wednesday, Its in the original target stock and carries the shamal logo which I believe makes it an early TM.

I reckon its around 26 years old and have emailed air arms to see if they can date it. Im struggling to find a copy of the owners manual so if anyone has one or knows where to source a pdf version it would be really helpful.

The reason for the thread is I wanted to ask other forum members who may have or had experience with these guns a few questions.

1. Firstly I believe mine may have an Olympic trigger unit fitted but how do I tell the difference between this over the standard trigger (any pics of either a standard or olympic would be useful either in situe or removed)

2. I read that some of these had a simple reg fitted as standard and many were fettled with and retro fitted with a reg. how can i tell if this is the case without a major stripdown. does anyone have any pics of an unfettled set of internals for comparison

3. Im planning to use this as a retro FT combo and wanted to know what the scopes of choice would have been for FT back in the late eighties and any reccomendations which was best.

As always any help or advice would be much appreciated

Steyr LG110 Ginb, AR20ft, Rohm Twinmaster Top, HW97k, HW77k, HW95, Umarex Airmagnum, BSA Lightning, HW98 SFS, HW101KT, Crossman 1088, AA410 Ginb, Daystate MK4is, Daystate Airwolf Tactical, HFT500, Pro Target, Shamal Target, TX200. My fishing tackle is getting very dusty....
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread