Thread: Barrel band
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2014, 06:59 PM
Member of: Redfearns & the UBC

Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
I agree that a floating barrel is usually preferable from a group size / zero shift perspective.

The barrel on the HW100 can be floated by removing the O-ring inside the support that secures the barrel. The big problem is that the stock to action fit on the '100 is a terrible design (two flat surfaces held by a single bolt into the block) and relies on the barrel/support interface to prevent the action rotating about the single stock bolt fitted to it.

I've floated the barrel on my HW100 by removing the O-ring; inside the support the barrel can easily be moved from one side to the other - failing to return to the central position when released as the movement is due to the action rotating with respect to the stock rather than the barrel simply bending..
Your stock is poorly inlet then. That never happened with mine even in the standard stock.
Hardly a poor design; many PCPs attach stock to action with a single bolt.

As an illustration I had a GinB stock made for it and the inletting was so precise that I could shoot the gun without any stock bolts in and indeed sometimes forgot to put the bolt in, the action was held so snugly.