View Single Post
Old 7th November 2014, 11:11 PM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksmen

Right guys

Stripped the Walther down and re tightened the hex screws holding the reg in - made an improvement but still a slight leak - but as I said much better and needs more force to deflect but still a slight issue. Interesting design and amazed how much the Regulator flexes in the action which actually seems to deflect when mild pressure applied.
I am sure I could re seal it if I wanted to with some liquid engineering but will replace the knock open valve seal etc - which is the black delrin type while it is off. Scooby has agreed to do a reg service as well for very reasonable money so will get that down while it is in bits! .

The valve stem is the newer flat one so will leave as is and the spring seems fine. Just looking for a Nick Murphy seal or new Walther one to replace the old.

Amazed how easy the Walther is to work on and now broken down to its component parts interesting to see some of the design elements.

So hoping to get it sorted for reasonable money - as I said though while it leaks when pressure applied it still shoots like a dream and probably worrying about nothing - but as an engineer surprised that the design isn't a little more robust!
Kind Regards

FTP900 +Sightron S111 10-50 x 55
AA Pro Target in FWB FP70 stock + MTC Mamba lite
Daystate Airwolf + Bushnell Elite 6500

" life is about the memories we hold and not the things that we own"