View Single Post
Old 7th November 2014, 11:27 AM
Member of: FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Well I guess you've got to make your own mind up about what a person's motives are behind the advice they give out.

Perhaps there's a big conspiracy where advice on pellets is disproportionate and incongruent with advice about other items such as stocks and butt hooks etc.
I love conspiracy theories (and I believe this whole forum is just one big heap of dis-information from the UK shooters to the rest of the world so they keep winning the trophies and keep us continental non-Tommies dumb )

More serious ( but then again not too): The problem is Time. Most shooters have more time available to:
fiddle guns and scopes in their man cave (when they are so lucky to have one),
roam the internet,
put spanners, screwdrivers and the other tool in places that do not need any sorting out (if it aint broken dont fix it! O, no but I cant resist the call from the Mighty Allen Key),
and Sort, Weigh, Wash, and Lube Pellets, all AT HOME.
Than they have to go OUT to the shooting range and practice, practice, practice and then practice some more.
Probably these are also the reasons why we have more rifles than we can shoot with, or are willing to carry to and from the boot of the car.

I guess evolution has thought us men (or our beloved wifes have) that taking care of your wife and family is more important for the survival of mankind than practice, practice, practice and then practice some more.

So it is very wise to for us to discuss the pro's and cons of 0.058319019 gram of lead. At home, that is.
Field Target Schalkhaar:
Airgun Accuracy weblog: