View Single Post
Old 14th October 2014, 11:30 AM
Member of: Dartmoor Marksmen

Hi Brian,

thanks for the work and brain power expended on this topic. Can I ask two "newbie type questions"

Recognising the hold under requirments and the known size of the impact area is it safe to simplify the issue by aiming for top, middle or bottom of the target disc, if so would I be safe to amend the chart to be colour coded to show "within the disc" or "below the disc"
Second point the chart shows MM holdunder so I assume we wouldnt "click" to amend so no need to convert MM to MOA and always aim for the middle?

Sorry there was 3 points - I have recently bought one of your excellent "butt hooks" I noted at the Euros people adjusting the butt hook for elevated shots - using scales or known positions on thier back plates etc. I assume that is unrelated to the trajectory/holdunder requirments but rather getting your eye releif/alignment back in kilter due to rifle elevation, kneelers or standing etc?

Sorry but I am new to this, I assume the fact i can't hit a barn door makes the above a mute point. But learning from others may shorten the time it takes for me to be succesful. At least this has science behind it - the vagaries of the wind is another variable less easy to master!
Kind Regards

FTP900 +Sightron S111 10-50 x 55
AA Pro Target in FWB FP70 stock + MTC Mamba lite
Daystate Airwolf + Bushnell Elite 6500

" life is about the memories we hold and not the things that we own"