View Single Post
Old 1st December 2009, 08:50 AM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
Give the fella a break! He's got an hour or two of daylight to have a quick look at his new scope, he puts it on 25 yards. Maybe that's what he usually uses, maybe he's picked up on the fact that many people quote 25 yards as being the optimum (I think it's closer to 20 but that's another story!). Then he runs out of daylight.

Save your money until the lemmings have all bought one. Give them a little while and they'll realise that it's not as good as their old scope or something new will appear. If you still fancy one, then you'll be able to pick one up relatively cheap.
If the range markings are anything like on the sr6 I use then they are out anyway.

To get a true px range I set the px as you would in FT - max mag and bring the target in focus so it's in the middle of the clearest bit. I tend to use 21 / 22y and 12x and find it quite easy to use and see the close kills clear enough.

On paper the new scope should have an advantage over the original, I'll be having a look through one on Saturday and have a side by side comparison with the original sr6 that I used this year.
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17