View Single Post
Old 30th September 2014, 08:07 PM
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Originally Posted by Ceathreamhnan View Post
I have seen folk lying on their back with their foot on the peg, knee bent in the air, to try and shoot an elevated shot; it seemed a fair interpretation of a prone position to me.
I too thought the high 20mm shot was a good target, testing physically without making you lie in a 'contorted' fashion (sideways is comfortable as has been said). Especially it made you think hard about where to aim.

For the darkened target, imho you could see with the naked eye where the kill would be, in the middle of a symmetrical object, so it was really a test of judging the distance.
Hi Greg,
That was the cause of my confusion. Prone means face down. If there was no sign at the peg you could have taken the shot any way you wished, including standing or kneeling.

In the afternoon the dark target was darker still as the light had altered. This also affected a high shot (10 or so) where you were looking into the sun through your scope. (not good).

I hope what I've said is taken in good part as I have already said that it was the best course I have shot at Cambridge and really enjoyable.