View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:30 PM
Member of: Castle FT
Default Rob to the rescue again

Back in March, Andre from Italy announced that the Italian open would be taking place this October, the photo's looked stunning and having never shot anywhere other than the UK I decided I would give it a try.

I found that Easyjet flew into the nearest airport and carried sporting firearms so booked my flights paying the extra 120 to take my rifle.

After the problems Calps and the rest of the team traveling to Spain with Easyjet encountered, I thought it would be a good idea to contact Airarms and ask for a letter stating that my FTP was designed to be used under 12ft/lb which they are in the process of doing.

In the reply email from Airarms they suggested, after what had happened earlier in the year, it would be a good idea to contact Easyjet just to double check that everything would be ok.

I phoned customer service's and explained that I would be traveling with them to Italy and taking my rifle with me, when I was told that I must have a licence before I would be allowed to travel.

After about 20 min arguing the toss with Easyjet's representative and not getting anywhere I finished the call thinking that's it no shooting for me!

I PM'ed Rob asking if he might be able to help, forgetting it was the Euro's weekend.

Rob emailed me straight back and sent an email to Matt Perring of BSAC asking if he could help me out.

This afternoon I received an email from Easyjet's aviation security telling me that I do not require a licence furthermore I do not need any proof of ownership and that he would personally make sure the ground crew here and in Italy are aware that I will be traveling with them and to take a copy of his email and if I encounter any problems to tell Easyjets staff to phone him on his mobile.

So I would just like to say a big thankyou to Rob and Matt at BSAC for helping me out.
Lets hope Easyjet soon get their act together.

Zenith Air Arms FTP 900 Leup Comp
Feinwerkbau 800 X Leup Comp
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread