Thread: NZ Words scores
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2014, 03:31 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by wyseyes View Post
Gentle Peoples of the FT world

Please don't tar all of NZ Shooters with the same brush.

Some clubs in NZ predicted this over a year ago, so we strenuously objected, and were vigorously ignored. We could see that the organization running this were blind to many reasonable observations, and the predicted results have eventuated. The organizers have let us, you and the worlds competition down.

We agreed amongst ourselves that NZ wasn't ready for a Worlds competition, since the sport is so young here. We can barely raise 40 shooters for our own NZ championships, and there aren't any retired shooters available to be marshals/judges etc.

Those organizing the event rejected calls for informational progress reports, and refused to take advice or allow others to provide resource. They seemed to be keeping it all close to chest, for their own reasons. Unfortunately it has bitten them, and we're hoping it isn't catching.

However, it is what it is, we'd hope that this event can stir up better future events. We hope that those who have traveled to this even certainly enjoy themselves and what this country can offer.

And if anyone is keen and in Hamilton, invite yourself around. I'm sure I can find a pesky rabbit or possum to chase.

Waikato Air Gun Club.
We had our concerns as well, but you never want them to come to fruition. Davey Lum has been helpful all the way but I sense he has not had an easy path to follow.

I hope this is the end of the " it will be alright on the night " thinking. Hopefully the friendly character present at top level ft will prevail but one things for certain in that for the future this stuff has to be bolted down air tight. A few eggs may have to be cracked to make the dish though. Otherwise I fear that events placed in far away places will just not get the attendance and recognition deserved no matter how professional the offering may actually be.

We've had some gems of champs in the past, and there's stuff that definitely works and areas that leave the strong possibility of problems, and these are too numerous to list. Yet each year we push for these problem areas to be looked at yet they are seemingly unimportant to a large sector of the WFTF who do not either seem to communicate or base decisions on limited amounts of experience.

We don't have to agree on everything and having a different flavour to each host is a good thing in my opinion. But the basics need to be consistent. And so does the decision making and processes behind it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the champs
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep