View Single Post
Old 6th September 2014, 07:27 AM
Member of: Kent Woodsmen FTC

Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
I have read with dismay, the happenings of New Zealand World Field Target Championship

I understand that only one representative from each country can vote. This is wrong, every shooter who takes part in shooting within a recognised shooting organisation should have a vote.

Rob has done an extremely good job in his role in representing us all in the world series but unfortunately this farce has proven that this is not good enough, so going forward BIG changes need to be made.

Every country who is elected to hold the world championship should be vetted to ensure they are capable of holding such an event, which in the main comes up to the standards of our very own BFTA rules
I know the BFTA have no say in this as it is the WFTF who organise things, I am using the BFTA as a reference as to how the World Field Target Federation should be run.

The WFTF needs to be ripped apart and rebuilt with people who are strong enough, We as shooters world wide, need to ensure this is done.

There should have been rules in place to guide New Zealand toward a properly organised shoot.

If there were rules in place and there were doubts, then the WFTF should have had the power to stop the event taking place when it was realised that they were not going to be able to pull it off properly.

There should be shooters voted in, As part of the WFTF who have the power to change anything which is recognised as not meeting the criereria set out by the new federation.

Also the new Federation should have the power to vote individuals from each country to hold the responsibility of ensuring that the shoot is properly planned and actioned and these people should be trained and examined on their ability to do there jos.

Hi Sam,
I agree with the jist of what you suggest above but remember FT is an amateur sport and the WFTF has limited funds; certainly too limited to send a party to NZ to help them organise a shoot.

I do have to disagree with you on the point about giving every 'paid up' member of a recognised shooting organisation a vote though. For a start this just passes the problem of standards and structure down the line; what constitutes a valid shooting organisation etc.

And secondly, just like when we have raised the issue of giving every BFTA member a vote on GP rules - by electronic voting systems or whatever - the concern is you are giving 2,000 people the right to discuss the rules for something most of them will never be involved with. The voting system is correct as it is.

What the home nations should be doing is using our 4 votes as a block vote on WFTF matters and therefore increase our influence. This was proposed at the worlds in Italy with Norway happy to follow our lead too - making 5 votes. The trouble was the best way to co-ordinate it was for the BFTA to take a lead and the then chairman flatly refused as he didnt see it as the bfta's business. In my view that was our biggest and possibly last window to retain control of the growth and direction of the sport; so lets not sit here casting stones in the wftf's direction now.

In my experience the WFTF is made up of good people who are devoted to the sport and give up their time for free in the aid of providing enjoyment for others - which is exactly the same as what you and the guys do.

I think the BFTA should be reaching out to the WFTF, to join ideas and help them; especially if we are a supposed paragon of virtue.