View Single Post
Old 20th August 2014, 07:50 PM
Member of: Blaenau Gwent

Originally Posted by dozbadthebad View Post
Its a simple one for me in wafta unless you have a gun problem, or you say at the beginning of the shoot before you start that you dont wont your card to count. If you dont hand your card in you get a score of 1 yes 1 now that will hurt your %
And ALL WAFTA scores go into BFTA for our rolling 20, so by not handing your card in this will also drop you down the GP BFTA grades. Unless there's some grading rules im not aware of, all scores submitted are added.
For me I can only shoot 6 to10 comps a year because of work id be gutted to drop a grade or 2 but id except it and work to climb back.
Also the gentleman in question openly is not a lover of shooting in Wales, openly stating the grounds and course are poor and little competition so why not hand the cards in looking at the % for this day he would have run at about 82% id take that as a bad day after all we dont win them all
Love doz
Just had a read of the BFTA grading frequently asked questions and as I read it all scores submitted to the BFTA by the regions are used to determine their average (rolling 20), therefore Someone needs to update their OWN scores to include 2 x 3%.

It does also stare that

IF A POOR SCORE IS OBTAINED DUE TO ILLNESS OR GUN FAILURE FOR INSTANCE, THEN DISPENSATION FOR WITHDRAWAL OF A SCORE CARD CAN BE OBTAINED. The Chief Marshall must sign the shooters card with reason of dispensation, the Regional or National Comp Sec may then elect to not include the shooters score for BFTA grading

Well be interesting to see the next rolling 20 update ;-)
Steyr LG110 FT, Sightron SIIISS 10-50x60 LRIRMH