View Single Post
Old 18th August 2014, 08:23 AM
B Grade Bandit
Member of: Anston FTC

Morning Bri,

Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I started like that and it's taken ages to throw bad scores at the start, not sure of the answer other than allowing a limited numer of byes. Once the established grades are there it's a little easier to maintain and the odd blip really doesn't affect the majority unless for some unknown reason you have visions above your ability.
I think the solution is probably to come up with a better way of calculating the %, one that rewards progress rather than punishing you for your past. I'm current looking at the maths on this so I can put a suggestion forward to BFTA. Don't mind telling you it's very complex and a difficult piece of work but it's the kind of thing I like doing.

Originally Posted by BDL View Post
The scores should sill be submitted for all to see otherwise new shooters will see the best as being out of their reach and think that their scores are well below par, when you see a top shooter put in an average score it gives the new shooter hopes.

I always shoot to beat my last score and if I can stay within an handful of shots of the best then I'm happy, I set goals and then try to get there honestly

I honestly think we should see the size of the problem first, starting this Winter League, anyone who signs in and who doesn't hand their card in gets a N/C. This will make them visible, perhaps that would help stop it because right now they are hiding in broad daylight, who knows. Let's see the size of the problem first and then work on the solution.

I love maths, grades and %'s so I have my own sheet to help me head for my target of getting to B Grade by next years Winter League, that last 10% is going to be tough and I'm doubling up by doing both NEFTA and MFTA W/L's because I want to push my starting scores out and be happy with my %. I've done all the GP's and working hard at it, I've done better than I thought I would in the GP's and I'm pleased with my progress.

Anyways, if I think of anything better I'll post it up and to complicate things more I'm starting to think that "dropping" scores doesn't really help matters either.