View Single Post
Old 17th August 2014, 07:49 PM
Member of: NOFTC

I am not aware of anyone doing this in any shoots I have been involved in (Granted not many) and suspect its limited to one or two shooters.

I agree that making someone else responsible for their partners score card it has the potential to lead to be a problem.

The sport relies heavily on the honesty and integrity of its participants and that will not always be a 100% foolproof way of running things but by and large it works.

The only real 100% way to guarantee this doesn't happen is to have a marshal accompanying you throughout the course which just simply isn't going to happen with most clubs not having the resources.

Maybe the fault here lies with the way that non attendance is scored? If I attend a shoot and don't give my card in I am treated in the same way as if I had never attended at all, i.e. I am given a score of 0 which implies in the BFTA scoring sense that I did not shoot so would not count towards my grading. If non attendance was no longer scored as a zero and as a DNS then the rules could potentially be amended to say a score card not handed in to an official on the day will be scored as a zero and would count towards my grade.
  • Daystate MK4 (No electrocutions yet ) GC laminate stock w/ Leupold comp. 45
  • Daystate MK4 TH (Still no electrocutions ) w/Hawke Panorama 3-12 40
Slowly working my way through every conceivable way to miss tin chickens!