Thread: GP '6' ideas...
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 04:35 PM
Team AirArms
Member of: Tawd Vale FTC

Originally Posted by strangefroot View Post
Eyup all .
Firstly , well done to jeremiah at east devon for putting a good call in as the gp numbers would have probably halved with the weather as its been today .
Been mulling this over for a couple of days now & the best solution I can think of is , holding it on the masters course on the Saturday of the showdown weekend .
A lot of folk will be doing this shoot anyway & having it in 8 weeks time gives more people the chance to re-jig any plans that they had .
We at anston would also be willing to help out with the toilet costs that east devon have dipped on .
A couple of pitfalls I can think of are =
The presentation for the masters / showdown & gp prizes / raffle will drag the sunday on a fair bit .
It'll not suit everyone , but probably more chance of more people being able to shuffle things about to accomadate it .
Would we have it over the 2 x 30 shot courses or scrap the last 10 from 1 course to make it 50 ?

I also think it would be a shame to only have 6 rounds to the gp series . It would probably be in my favour points wise but would prefer to battle to the end to feel any satisfaction personally.
Just a thought , what ya reckon ?
Calps .
We're with you on this one Andy, sounds like the most feasible option and as you say, it'll give more time for everyone to sort themselves out.

(Dave and Paula Schofield)

Last edited by fireblade; 10th August 2014 at 08:31 PM.