Thread: GP '6' ideas...
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2014, 04:00 PM
Member of: Thorn Dell ( RIP )

Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
Just to say "were gutted" as well as others @ East Devon, not for financial reasons although it does not help.
We can if BFTA want with a few phone calls be able to put on another date, but I sense some resentment on our decision to cancel. Some no doubt would be happy even if a minor accident happened car damaged on site or personal injury. But in these times "The blame game" come to the front and no doubt if the worse came to the worse I / we as host would be pushed down the pan.
When weather warnings are issued we have to except the issuer's know what there talking about and I'm not second guessing their decisions.
Sec East Devon FTC.
I wish to express my own feelings on the decision of you and or your team to cancel the GP.
There wants to be no resentment ,innuendoes or any other remark made of a negative nature about your decision and its possible implications . You have made the decision to cancel it ,and there is no doubt what so ever that it was the correct decision , based on the information available to you .You were the one that had to make that call, and you had the fortitude to make that decision .
I hope that the BFTA recompense you with all the expenses incurred for the Gp. Last but not least lets not forget all the hard work and hours put into your shoot by you and your team.

Well done . G.