Originally Posted by RAIDER
Just to say "were gutted" as well as others @ East Devon, not for financial reasons although it does not help.
We can if BFTA want with a few phone calls be able to put on another date, but I sense some resentment on our decision to cancel. Some no doubt would be happy even if a minor accident happened car damaged on site or personal injury. But in these times "The blame game" come to the front and no doubt if the worse came to the worse I / we as host would be pushed down the pan.
When weather warnings are issued we have to except the issuer's know what there talking about and I'm not second guessing their decisions.
Sec East Devon FTC.
I think everyone who was intending to go is disappointed. Resentment is possible but sadly there are always some who go that way.
If it is a tiny bit of consolation the weather is forecast to be much worse here in Oxford, so tomorrow I would leave and return in worse conditions and would have had a relatively 'nice day out' in lovely Devon.
and I am definitely not going anywhere near my own club as that is mixed deciduous but was mostly upright last weekend.
at least there won't be any gardening to do hahaha