View Single Post
Old 31st July 2014, 02:41 PM
Member of: Lincs HFT, Heckington HFT
Default Leupold Vari-XIII 6.5-20x40 Ret required.

Does anyone know where I could have a wire reticule made up to fit the above scope? Scope serial number is Y114800, this indicates it was manufactured in 1991.

I know it's 23 yrs old now but the lenses are still excellent and the more I use it the more I am loving it. When I acquired it there was a Premier ret fitted so that it could be used for FT. That took the mag up so high it was unsuitable for HFT which is what I use it for. I removed the Premier adapter to bring the spec back to original but I found the multi lined ret far too fussy and attempted to reduce it to 3 instead of 5 lines, I succeeded (almost) with minimal damage. These rets are barely visible to the naked eye when you strip them out, especially to my old eyes.

Now please don't laugh at the next bit cos I decided to have a go at making my own reticule. The thinnest material I could find was 1.5 lb breaking strain fishing line which measures .003" in old money. I am quite happy with my design but I really need it to be much finer, so much so that even if I could source thin enough material I would not be able to see it to work with it.

If I sent it back to Leupold for repair/modification would they do the job for sensible money?

All suggestions will be appreciated.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread