In memory of Emley member and all round good bloke, Ian Houghton who was taken by Cancer. With a nod to the late Paul James who also lost his fight with with the big C
Hunter Field Target Classic at Emley Moor F.T.C
Sunday 31st August , 1 day shoot. Booking in from 8 a.m for a 9 o clock start. All proceeds to Cancer research.
30 shot HFT course to UKAHFT rules , 60 points max
2 x 20 Silhouettes , 40 points max
Total score out of 100.
HFT course will be shot in the morning and Silhouettes shot in the afternoon. If we get large numbers then we can split into 2 groups with both the course and Silhouettes shot at the same time and then the groups swapping. E.g if you shot the course in the morning then you will shoot the Silhouettes in the afternoon and if you shot the Silhouettes in the morning you will shoot the course in the afternoon.
Silhouettes are a U.S standing discipline, scopes may be adjusted per bank. Shooting glove is allowed.
2 minutes per bank of 5 Silhouettes then 1 minute rest then 2 minutes for next bank.
THE SAME RIFLE USED ON THE COURSE MUST BE USED FOR THE SILHOUETTES.
1. Target Ranges :-
5 x Chickens at 20 Yards
5 x Pigs at 30 yards
5 x Turkeys at 36 yards
5 x Rams at 45 yards
2. All shots to be taken STANDING. There are no other positions allowed at all
3. Slings or other means of support (which are not part of the rifle or clothing) are NOT allowed. The butt of the gun to remain outside all clothing at all times. Standard underarm butt hooks are permitted. Bespoke target shooting jackets are not permitted
4. Only shoot at the targets in your allocated lane.
5. All targets are shot LEFT to RIGHT.
6. Any targets shot out of order do not count. i.e. if no. 2 target is hit instead of no. 1 then you lose no. 1 as you missed it and you cannot shoot no. 2 as it is already down, so you must go on to target no. 3. If target no. 1 is hit instead of no. 2 then you just lose no. 2.
7. In the event of two or more targets falling from 1 shot - tell your marshal and then on completing the rest of the bank either shoot at designated targets if sufficient remain standing or your marshal will reset the bank so that you can complete your five shots.
8. At the start of each bank of five targets you will get a fifteen second period in which to load your rifle. The Range Marshal calling 'LOAD' will signify this; you must not load your rifle before then.
9. When the Range Marshal calls 'COMMENCE FIRING' you have 2 minutes in which to take your 5 shots. The end of this period is signified by the command 'CEASE FIRING'.
10. Between each bank you will get a one-minute rest period.
11. After shooting the bank in front of you twice you will then proceed to the next bank on your right.
Overall HFT winner keeps Ian Houghton shield for 1 year and has name engraved on it.
Trophies for 1st place only in each class .
Kneeling/standing open(for FT shooters)
Kneeling/standing recoiling(for FT shooters)
I’ve also got a couple hundred quids worth of raffle prizes.
Victorinox multi tools
And anything else i can get my hands on once i've cleared my surplus kit.
...see later post for full raffle list as it's pushing over 500 quids worth.
If you shoot the course then we would like to ask that all shooters participate in the sillies as well. Trying to organise the sillies partners can be a nightmare when people drop out.
Hopefully we should be able to put on some drinks and snacks/nibbles/sarnies for after the shoot.