View Single Post
Old 27th June 2014, 08:01 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

I've had 5 arrive yesterday, just waiting for the new dye I'm using to turn up (today hopefully).
2 are spoken for and one's on hold so I'll have 2 available.

I'll do some tweaking for the next batch, but I don't think it's possible to get the ranges exactly spot on for everyone's eyes. The good thing about the bushy is that so far if you line up the 50 mark on the ring with your 50 yard setting on your scope then all the important ranges come in about perfect (55,50,45,40,35,30) the lower ranges can be out a little but the settings on the ring at the moment are exactly the same as the markings on my Nick Murphy ring that I've been using for the last 18 months or so. It's not much of a problem, it just means you have to adjust your clicks for the range marked on the ring, and usually the difference in POI is so small you're not talking enough of a difference to notice. So long as you're aware that 10 yards on the ring is probably closer to being 10.5 yards it's not a problem.

To put it into perspective - if you have a fairly high mounted scope say 2.5" the difference in POI between 10 yards and 11 yards is 2.5mm. So even if the ring is out by a whole yard at 10 yards and you have a fairly high mounted scope, the worst you'll be out by is half a pellet width. If that half a pellet width is really important to you, you can just change your click values for that marked range, or do what I do and ignore the difference.