Thread: Pellets
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2014, 03:24 PM
Member of: Kibworth

Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
Has anyone had any decent groups with current 2014 Pellets, JSB or AA ??

I just did some testing, gun mounted in my workmate, 25yds & the newer pellets I have,( some late 2013 & some 2014) all seemed to have flyers in a 5 shot group, enough to miss or split a 15mm @ 25 yards which is worrying
I tested some new accupells & seemed to get 2 groups so only did the one 5 shot group & dismissed them.

I also had a tin of the AA express from 2013 & they were pretty good, in fact the best groups yet apart from my old trusty 18 S0 00 from early 2013.

I only checked with the workmate as I noticed my scores dropping off & put it down to opening a new tin of pellets or changing stocks, looks like it's not the stock...
I'm going to set up my pro target & do the same testing at some point, but I don't think it's the MPR playing up..

Is nobody else getting any problems ?
I've been getting the same thing. I've got a complete sleeve of AA S7's and a tin of S5's and can't get them to group. The design is definitely different and my S400 doesn't like them one bit. I've even tried sizing and weighing them which improves the grouping a bit, but I'm still getting flyers, which like you say enough to miss a 15mm (or in some cases a big kill ).

At first I thought I had problems with my gun, so pulled through and put it over the chron just to check all was okay. But it didn't make any difference. Then fortunately someone from the club gave me a set of 'old style' 18's, unfortunately mostly from a 'mashed batch', but I managed to get enough decent ones to shoot with and I'm getting a lovely grouping again. So I reckon it's all down to the 'new style' pellets.