View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 05:30 PM
Member of: redfern
Default Think av found somthing with pellets

Ive never being too impressed with my RN10 accuracy wise,and it should be better than my MPR but is isn't, reg now sorted I was thinking the barrel was to blame,people are saying use 4.51 jsb and talking to jeff at the club and being shown the results 4.52 are actually smaller than them and being a tight Yorkshire man with 3 full tins of 4.52s I need to get them working,the problem was the smaller pellet wasn't getting enough rifling when its getting to the choked part ov the barrel,so I shot a 10 ole group at work ,10m fixed in a vice with soft jaws action only,then shot 10 that I've modded by opening up the skirt a small amount by sitting them on a ball bearing and giving the head a small tap with a small flat object, boy what a result the vice was not fixed,so I figured I would get some movement,the ist group was 5p size group with left to right movement ,the modded was left to right movement but straight as you like,with a black marker you could draw a line across the path,looking forward to more tests down the club,if the wife will allow me
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread