View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 10:34 AM
Pete Dutton

Originally Posted by kieran turner View Post
I do believe there is a large grey area when it comes to checking a target when it has been called. By this I mean without sounding too critical and not in a derogatory way, that some marshals don't really know what to look for or how to check a target.

Now here me out please don't think i'm having a pop at the marshals, they (we) do a bloody good job for the most part but just have a read through this suggestion I have. I do think that some times marshals, especially newer ones do kind of get intimidated by some shooters, thus making them feel a bit pressured and "on the spot" and I do believe it effects there rationale as they get flustered.
I don't think it's just the inexperienced who get flustered as Greg admitted that a target he pulled at a UKAHFT shoot at Kibby last year (not sure if the National or the Gathering) had no fault but he just got sick of all the cease fires.

Hopefully the new procedure will ease the pressure on the marshals & stop the shooters who jump on the bandwagon while making sure that only genuine targets get removed from competition.